NDT – BOBATH PRESPEECH COURSE
(advanced NDT-Bobath course)
22.10.2016 – 29.10.2016(64 did. hours)
The NDT-Bobath pre-speech course is an advanced NDT-Bobathcourse that provides and deepens the knowledge of the participants concerning topics on pediatric dysphagia (evaluation and management), respiration, phonation, articulation and communication in infants and children with cerebral palsy or other neuromuscular involvement. Participants should be certified speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists or doctors having completed their pediatric basic NDT-Bobath course. Speech therapists will have priority of registration.
This particular course is designed to function as an international course for both therapists and assistant tutors and the official language will be English. The course will be held in the beautiful city of Warsaw.
The total number of participants will be limited.
• short refresher course on facilitation
• pulmonary / respiratory topics (respiratory kinesiology, evaluation, management
• topics on gastroenterology, GERD
• Short course: neonates – infants, breastfeeding / bottle feeding, facilitation in infants, NICU
• Short course: VFSS & FEES, investigation tools in pediatric dysphagia
• non-oral feeding, weaning of rhino gastric tube/gastrostomy
• evaluation / classification of communication abilities
• Augmentative / alternative communication
• Short course: Bayley III scales
• phonation, evaluation / management
• developmental dysarthria, evaluation / management
• developmental verbal dyspraxia, evaluation / management
• practical work with children and babies, clinical reasoning
Main lecturer: Dore Blom, Speech therapist, Senior NDT-Bobathtutor
The course price is 1000Euro.
Registration begins this October 10, 2015
The organizer is
Mrs. Maria Osinska